"Forevers sont composées des maintenant."
-Emily Dickinson


"I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions."
-Elizabeth Taylor


"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
-Mae West


"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the word and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
-E.B. White


"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi


"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." -Eleanor Roosevelt


"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." -Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met.

"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." -Chris Colfer

Sunday, August 17, 2014

31 Days of Yoga Challenge (Day 17)

Day 17

Today I am thankful for having someone in my life who is so passionate about food. I'm thankful that I am able to grow up learning so many different and interesting techniques and facts about food. For one, I love to eat, and knowing how to make food and make it taste delicious and look beautiful... well that's a talent. My mother is one of the most talented people I know, especially when it comes to food. She attended Baltimore International Culinary College in the past, has been the pastry chef at many Italiano Ristorante's in Maryland, and now owns her own business - The Appetit' Boutique and is a professional pastry chef. I know my post yesterday was in honor of her and her birthday, but I just can't help it... today is about her too, because I am thankful for her talent in the culinary arts and I am thankful that she is so passionate to teach me all that she knows. I think that I get my passion about food from her, obviously I had to have because when I'm off traveling around the world all I want to do is try new foods, take pictures of them, and then tell everyone why that food item was amazing or just simply okay. Like I said, food is art and I think if someone has the talent to make it taste delicious and look like a work of art - then it should be appreciated.
 
"In France, cooking is a serious art form and a national sport." -Julia Child
 
"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." -Julia Child
 
"Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all." -Julia Child
 
"A party without cake is just a meeting." -Julia Child
 
"People who love to eat are always the best people." -Julia Child

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment