"Forevers sont composées des maintenant."
-Emily Dickinson


"I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions."
-Elizabeth Taylor


"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
-Mae West


"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the word and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
-E.B. White


"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi


"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." -Eleanor Roosevelt


"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." -Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met.

"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." -Chris Colfer

Thursday, January 9, 2014

We Are Their Voices

        Have you ever noticed how animals give you that common stare that says "I'm looking into your soul."? I have, numerous amounts of times. Mainly because I have four cats and a dog and I see animals around every corner. Sometimes I just sit there staring right back. People say that you're not supposed to do that because it somehow threatens the animal. I don't think that's necessarily true though, depending on the animal that is. It's almost as if I can read their minds, because sometimes I just sit there and will speak in cute and charming voices as if we are actually  having a conversation together. Oh, come on you know you do it with your own pets. I'm just simply fond of animals, that's all.
        Every single one of them are unique and have their very own personalities. Independence is a given in most animals, especially cats. They are completely and utterly hilarious half the time. I've met lots of people who say that they are just not cat people but I don't think that is entirely true. I believe when people say that they aren't cat people, they've just never been around a cat for more than the average amount of ten minutes; or maybe you just can't relate or find compassion in your heart to understand their personalities. I think in order to have an enjoyable life, you  have to let your personality coincide and get to know the animals mind and intelligence in itself. There are so many joyful things in this day in age, but the real joy is letting yourself be immersed within an animals life and instincts.
        Animals are just so miraculous, I couldn't hurt an animal if I tried. Sometimes I seem to think that I prefer animals over people. 90 percent of the human population is cruel and destructive. It is heartbreaking to know what the world has come to. There are so many dreamers in this world, but then again; not quite enough. The world is maddening, animal abuse being high on my list of things that I abhor. I could continue on this topic all day, cramming it down anyone's throat who doesn't agree with me, because well ultimately; this is a heavy and touchy subject for me, if you haven't noticed yet. People who abuse helpless creatures are heartless and empty people inside. No wait, that doesn't even begin to describe them; atrocious and appalling. Drastic measures should be taken if a person is found guilty of abusing an animal. I believe in that very strongly. I have written two research papers in my education career and I have yet to conclude my opinion about all of this nonsense; it should never even happen and should never be an issue. I had recently read a link on Facebook about a man who violently beat his neighbors pot belly pig to death with the butt of his rifle. The woman and her family not being able to do anything about it because the sweet pig had wondered onto his property then had to witness this horrifying situation. The woman and her family are fighting to see that this man gets what he deserves. For more details about this situation click on the link below, and if you feel the same way I do; post your opinions and click share. I purely could not imagine a life without animals, much less hurting one emotionally or physically. "We" are their voices, and they cannot be heard unless we speak up.
 
Jusqu'à la prochaine fois
-AVR

 

 

 

http://www.change.org/petitions/citrus-county-state-attorney-justice-for-arnold-2-months-old-piglet-beaten-to-death-arrest-tom-norris

No comments:

Post a Comment