"Forevers sont composées des maintenant."
-Emily Dickinson


"I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions."
-Elizabeth Taylor


"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
-Mae West


"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the word and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
-E.B. White


"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi


"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." -Eleanor Roosevelt


"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." -Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met.

"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." -Chris Colfer

Sunday, August 3, 2014

31 Days of Yoga (Day 3)

Hello everyone,
   I am finally up to date with my yoga poses and my days. Today is the third day of my 31 days of yoga challenge and being thankful for one thing every day. Today I am thankful for my body. A body that let's me be able to do the yoga poses that I want. Yoga poses that I never believed I could do in a million years. My body has never failed me in anything that I have ever done whether it was sports in high school or my yoga practices now. Not only am I thankful for what my body does for me every single day, but I am thankful in the way it looks. I was not always thankful, and sometimes I'm still not. Body image is a strong and powerful things and it an build a person up or it can tear a person down. Worrying about body image has torn me down many times in my life for the most irrational reasons. There have been times in my life where I couldn't stand the way I looked and I would simply do anything to make myself look the way models or celebrities do. But in my years of growing up, reading books, and listening to people tell me what really matters in life is not the way you look it has slowly but finally sunk it. There was a time in my life when body image didn't matter to me and I remember myself being the happiest person in the world. I couldn't tell you when the obsession with the way I looked started to develop, but it really ruins a person inside. I am just thankful that I finally overcame that stage in my life and I can invest my time and myself into things that actually matter in life. I was always able to give people advice that I should have been giving myself but I was never actually able to take my own advice, irrational I know. I've grown to see that everyone is different and everyone should be thankful for the way they look. It doesn't matter what you look like on the outside but on the inside is what matters always. People tend to forget that sometimes, myself included and if you continue living your life in a way where body image is at the very top of your list then you will  never truly be happy. Celebrate your body every single day and let your inside flourish.

Give yourself permission to wholly and ardently love your body.
 
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.
 
Embrace and love your body, it is the most amazing thing you will ever own.



Binded warrior two pose

No comments:

Post a Comment