"Forevers sont composées des maintenant."
-Emily Dickinson


"I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions."
-Elizabeth Taylor


"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
-Mae West


"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the word and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
-E.B. White


"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi


"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." -Eleanor Roosevelt


"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." -Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met.

"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." -Chris Colfer

Friday, August 15, 2014

31 Days of Yoga Challenge (Day 15)

Day 15
 
Today I am thankful for culture and all of the unique and wonderful things that places have to offer. I'm thankful for all of the traveling I have been able to do and I am thankful for all of the traveling yet to come. Traveling makes me just feel so alive and the experiences are just exhilarating. I'm thankful for the emotions that just spill out of me when I'm in a new place. I learn so many things, my eyes are opened to new ideas, I try new foods, I meet new people, and it has given me perspective. The world can be a scary place, but 99 percent of it in my opinion is beyond beautiful and I don't know what I would do if I wasn't able to explore it. I know that all of the traveling I invest my time into will transform me into the person I want to be in the future because I can already see that happening now. Travel has helped me understand myself and where I may even want to live someday. Travel has guided me in the direction where I am supposed to be in life and has shown me that there are people in this world that I can relate to. Travel gives me adventure and the need for adventure is hard-wired...traveling lets a person tap into that. And as far as I'm concerned I will continue to travel until I am no longer able to, because that's when I feel most alive; and who doesn't want to feel alive?
 
"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." -Susan Sontag
 
I want to make memories all over the world.
 
Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown.
 
"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home." -James Michener
 
Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
"If you're 22, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel - as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them - wherever you go." -Anthony Bourdain
 
Go find yourself.



Bird of Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment