"Forevers sont composées des maintenant."
-Emily Dickinson


"I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions."
-Elizabeth Taylor


"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
-Mae West


"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the word and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
-E.B. White


"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi


"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." -Eleanor Roosevelt


"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." -Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met.

"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." -Chris Colfer

Thursday, August 14, 2014

31 Days of Yoga Challenge (Day 14)

Today is the 14th day into my 31 days of yoga challenge and I am thankful for one thing well five to be exact... my five senses. I am thankful that I was gifted with all five senses and especially my sight. I thank God every day that I am able to see because the world can be such a beautiful place and even though their are some things in life that just break your heart or things that you don't want to see I'm still grateful that I can. There's always something in life that is beautiful if you look hard enough at times. Me being a photographer and an absolute photo junkie, I am thankful that I am able to see through my lens and take beautiful pictures. I don't know what I would do if I wasn't able to see art and beautiful memories that the world has to offer. I know some people in life aren't fortunate enough to be able to see and that makes me even more thankful. Our eyes are so important and many people don't even realize how important they are. Our eyes allow each and every one of us to be able to read, learn, work, and even play. Our eyes allow us to see beautiful people in the world and allow us to make connections with one another. Sometimes our eyes talk more to one another more than if we were to even say just one word. A person's eyes are the pathway to their soul in my opinion. If you stare into them long enough you can almost feel what they are feeling. That was one of the exercises in my yoga three-week immersion. We would each grab a partner, stand face to face, and stare into each others eyes. It's a very personal exercise, but you'd be surprised how connected you feel to that person in such a short amount of time.

 
No one ever injured their eyesight by looking on the bright side of things.
 
The most beautiful eyes are loving eyes.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment