"Forevers sont composées des maintenant."
-Emily Dickinson


"I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions."
-Elizabeth Taylor


"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
-Mae West


"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the word and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
-E.B. White


"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi


"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." -Eleanor Roosevelt


"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." -Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met.

"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." -Chris Colfer

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

31 Days of Yoga Challenge (Day 12)

Today is the 12th day into my 31 days of yoga challenge everyone! It's moving right along and this challenge has truly opened up my eyes along the way. Today I am thankful for being a person who has good morals and is always fair to others. There have been tis in my life when I've stood up for people, when other people were treating them badly and things have turned back around on me somehow. That's okay though because if people don't stand up for what's right even if it may just be the smallest little thing, than what's the point in even having beliefs? What is the point in eve believing in anything if you're not going to speak out and stand up for others... and more importantly yourself? We should be remembered for the things we do. I am thankful for my courage and good moral personality that I have been given. My mother says a I get that from y grandmother and that gives me a little bit of security; makes me feel like not only her memories, but a little piece of her is always apart of me.
The things e do are the most important things of all. Not what we even say or what we look like. Our actions have to go along with our words in order to have a chain reaction, and the things we do outlast our mortality. And even in certain circumstances, if I finish last in that very moment I know for a fact that I won't in the future because the "good" will always be one step ahead either way. People who are sincere don't do kind deeds expecting kindness in return, people do kind deeds because it's who they are, and because they understand the powerful difference a gentle hand makes in this cruel world. So choose to stand up for who needs it and for what's right. Choose to be courageous for yourself and most importantly, choose to be kind.

-Albany Victoria Reed

Compass Pose

No comments:

Post a Comment