"Forevers sont composées des maintenant."
-Emily Dickinson


"I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions."
-Elizabeth Taylor


"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
-Mae West


"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the word and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
-E.B. White


"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi


"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." -Eleanor Roosevelt


"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." -Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met.

"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." -Chris Colfer

Monday, August 11, 2014

31 Days of Yoga Challenge (Day 11)

     Today is the 11th day into my 31 days of yoga challenge and today I am thankful for yoga. Whenever I am feeling down and icky, if I just do a little bit of yoga my mood is just completely different. It's amazing how just a little stretching can change your perspective on anything and make you feel so completely different. When I first began yoga my senior year in high school I really didn't like it at all. Every time I would attend a class I would want it to be over half way through the class. I was impatient and simply didn't see the point in the breathing. Although, as the years went on and I stuck with my practices I became more fond of yoga and started noticing changes in my body, the way I felt emotionally and physically. I noticed that I wanted to educate myself on yoga and simply found myself practicing a little bit every single day. I have been practicing yoga for about 5 years now and it has truly saved me. Whenever I am having a difficult day my practice is a way to clear my mind and just give me some "me" time. It's a perfect way to target my energy towards something productive and my yoga practices have really given me a sense of determination and balance in my life. A lot of people think that yoga is exercise only targeted towards females, but that statement couldn't be more wrong. In fact, many male famous yogic instructors dated all the way back to 400 CE and were later brought over to the west by Indian Gurus during the 19th and 20th century. Yoga provides something for everybody and anybody can practice it. A yoga practice is all about you and your body, how you feel, and how you are supposed to think. It's different for each and every person - it's very personal, and that's why I love it so much. The ultimate point of yoga is to become one with the mind, body, and soul... but the journey for each person is completely different. Yoga really helps a person find their sense of self and purpose and it certainly has helped me become the person I'm supposed to be. It's amazing in every way.

"Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about yourself." -Jason Crandell

"Most people have no idea how good their body is designed to feel." -Kevin Trudeau

"Yoga is the journey of the self, to the self, through the self.


No comments:

Post a Comment