"Forevers sont composées des maintenant."
-Emily Dickinson


"I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions."
-Elizabeth Taylor


"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
-Mae West


"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the word and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
-E.B. White


"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi


"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." -Eleanor Roosevelt


"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." -Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met.

"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." -Chris Colfer

Sunday, August 31, 2014

31 Days of Yoga Challenge (Day 25)

Day 25
Today I am thankful for the sun. If you take the time to honor the sun you will realize that it completely transforms the world we live in. It brings us light, warmth, and happiness. It fuels the growth of plant life to make our world more beautiful. Without the sun the world simply cannot thrive on any energy and cannot transform. But because the sun does exist the world is more beautiful each and every day. As the sun rises higher in the sky during the season of summer so does our internal element of fire, our Pitta dosha. We are all made up of a unique combination of elements - earth, water, fire, and air. The element of fire that the sun provides for us keeps the inner flame in us strong. In the beginning of a yoga practice yogis do a few sun salutations to warm up... and the sun salutations are my favorite part of a practice. I love the way it makes me feel and when I'm doing it I really actually feel like I am honoring the sun during that part of my practice. Without the sun the world is a much darker place.


No comments:

Post a Comment